HOTEL ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR
Our Client is one of the largest and well established Hotel Group in East Africa providing high quality, comfortable, charming safari lodges in Kenya and Uganda.
The Client seeks to fill the above position with suitably qualified and competent person with experience working in the similar sector in Kenya.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Report to the Chief Engineer. Will be responsible to ensure the preventive maintenance of all machinery and equipment including cooling & heating plants, civil works etc. as per schedule and also to maintain history cards and check-lists of all equipment. To assist the chief engineer in day to day operational activities
Specific duties will include;
- Prepare a sound maintenance schedule
- To ensure the effective running and maintenance of the air conditioning plant and the refrigeration equipment
- To supervise the operation of the plant room, boiler room, mechanical and electrical works and the engineering controls
- To ensure the smooth functioning of the generators and supply and storage of diesel
- To periodically check and supervise the functioning of the gas bank, cylinder replacement, etc.
- To maintain contact with all equipment suppliers for periodic and emergency servicing and repairs
- To constantly check on the maintenance jobs in various areas and ensure their timely completion
- To plan preventive maintenance schedules in all areas including guest rooms and ensure their timely completion
- To supervise repairs in case of breakdowns and ensure their timely completion
- To keep the chief engineer informed of the daily maintenance progress and performance of various machines
- To stand in for the chief engineer when required to do so
- To co-ordinate with housekeeping for scheduled maintenance
- To coordinate with food and beverage and other departments for maintenance of equipment and machinery
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
- HND or BSc degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Engineering and Maintenance for a hospitality establishment
- Excellent leadership skill
- Ability to drive Employee Engagement
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate as well as other benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafrica.co.ke and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position
Send CV to email@example.com with a subject heading ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR by 5th August 2019. CV will be shortlisted as they are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by that date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Our other services
- Employer or Records (EOR) and Professional Employer Organization (PEO) in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania and Kampala Uganda
- Staff and Executive Recruitment /Selection Services/Agency in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
- Head hunting in Tanzania and Kampala Uganda
- Payroll Services and Agency in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania and Kampala Uganda
- Human Resource (HR) and Employment Services and Agency in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania and Kampala Uganda